Blogging the Fringe

Friday 24 August 2007

Tina Turner and Turnips








I was at the Big Value Comedy I was at the Big Value Comedy Show last night and during the intermission, the audience was asked to write down their impromptu answers to the question:

“What is the difference between Tina Turner and a Turnip?”

The funniest answer would win the coveted prize: a free beer.

Here were the ones that were read out loud:

“Tina Turner has breasts.” (Submitted by the 12 year old in the front row)

“One looks like they’ve just been dug up from the ground, and the other is a turnip.”

“I don’t know, but I wiped my cock on this paper.”

“I would pay more money for a turnip.”

Mine was hilarious, but like many other misunderstood jokes that were made a little “too soon”, this one was also loudly booed:

“A turnip never refuses a good ‘beet’ing.”

eh? eh? ::nudge, nudge::

Maybe they just didn’t get it?

Here was the champion answer:

“The turnip is a tuber grown in temperate climates, 1-6 cm in length, and is often mistaken for a vegetable. And by the way, Tina Turner is a singer.”

How very droll.

After returning home bitter and 3 pounds poorer (having paid for my own beer), I spent more time than I would care to admit online researching tubers, turnips and generally trying to invalidate the winning joke.

My every day is a learning experience.

How is your internship?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home