Blogging the Fringe

Sunday 5 August 2007

THEATER REVIEW- Greedy

I obviously have a weakness for sketch comedy. Like the “News Revue” show I reviewed last night, “Greedy” is another 4-person team and likewise, they are not amateurs (I am still mentally scarred from the shit I had to laugh at to keep my friends friendly in high school).

In my mind, the two cannot escape comparison.

Not nearly as offensive as the Revue, this humor was much more situational than political (or musical). The performances while running the gambit of topics, take special delight in the rich material provided by dating, love and T-rex (yes, you read correctly). “Greedy” spent a lot more time laying the scene for the joke, and though I was laughing the whole time, I also (gratefully) had time to breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home