Blogging the Fringe

Sunday 19 August 2007

A Nuerotic Late-Night Ode to Love (in a less poetic form than the title unfairly implies)


I fall in love on a regular basis, sometimes as much as twice in one hour, and often more, when the occasion justly calls for it. I fall in romantic love, platonic love, puppy love, and unrequited love---which, damn Cowley, is the actually the least vain. There is also let’s-poke-each-other-on-facebook love, carry-your-photo-in-my-wallet love, and all the 1,283 types of love the French claim to have invented.

I don’t consider it fickle so much as excessively passionate; the tendency stems not from a foolish inconsistency, but a penchant for turning people into blank canvasses for my overactive imagination.

I am a love-artist!

Some might claim that this is all anorexic love---that I am stretching the concept so thin, that it loses all meaning, all potency, the exclusion on which the foundation is based….

But, I do not starve my love...


The truth is that I don’t want to be limited and caged by the one-life-to-live dictum.

And I have found a loophole: I choose to love all of the possibilities of all of the lives I will never live and all of the people who that me, might love.

How utterly juicy is that?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home